Raphaé Memon is an architect and award-winning designer whose practice ranges between the disciplines of creative direction, stage design, scenography, performance and architecture.
Outside work he enjoys music, travelling, yoga, and is currently training in classical ballet.
- ARCHITECT, working on AstraZeneca’s R&D Centre and Global Headquarters, Cambridge, UK | 2018-Present | BDP with Herzog and de Meuron, London and Cambridge.
- STAGE DESIGN represented at Staging Places – UK Design for Performance 2015-2019 | July 2019 – March 2020: V&A | June 2019: Prague Quadrennial.
- ASSISTANT DESIGNER for Opera, Le Cenerentola. Peacock Theatre, London | September 2019 | British Youth Opera.
- SET and COSTUME DESIGNER for Opera, Treemonisha. Arcola Theatre, London as part of Grimeborn Opera Festival | August 2019 | Spectra Ensemble.
- SET DESIGNER for Editorial. TEETH Magazine, March 2019.
- STAGE and COSTUME DESIGNER for Opera, Polyeucte. Critically acclaimed and awarded British premiere of Gounod’s opera, which ran at Theatre Royal Stratford East, London | UCOpera.
- DESIGN ASSOCIATE for Opera, Isolde. Sculptural tree for a one-night-only performance re-imagining Wagner’s opera Tristan und Isolde | University of Oxford.
- SET DESIGNER for Fashion. Ramil Makinano Lookbook.
- ACTOR, Unattended. Short Film | Snack Productions.
- INTERN DESIGNER | Es Devlin Studio.
- PROJECT ASSISTANT | London Design Festival at the V&A.
- Invited DESIGN CRITIC | The Bartlett, UCL + University of Westminster.
- TUTOR + CRITIC | The Bartlett Architecture Summer School.
- DESIGNER + TUTOR | STORE Collective + UCL.
- ACTOR, WeAreHere. In collaboration with Jeremy Deller and Rufus Norris | National Theatre.
- STAGE DESIGNER for Musical, Sweeney Todd | University of Manchester.
- PERFORMER, Nomadic School | Homo Novus: International Festival of Contemporary Theatre, Latvia.
- PERFORMER, Playtime | Cornerhouse, Manchester.
- 2018 | Best Design for Polyeucte | Arts Colours Awards 2018, Cafe de Paris, London.
- 2014 | RIBA President’s Bronze Medal Nomination | Royal Institute of British Architects.
- 2014 | Outstanding Academic Achievement Award | University of Manchester.
- 2014 | Alumni Prize | Manchester School of Architecture.
- 2014 | Steacy-Greenaway Prize. Outstanding Design Project | Manchester School of Architecture.
- 2019 | Examination in Professional Practice in Architecture, Part 3 (ARB/RIBA) | The Bartlett, UCL.
- 2017 | MArch Architecture, Distinction | The Bartlett, UCL.
- 2014 | BA(Hons) Architecture, First Class Honours | Manchester School of Architecture.
- 2011 | Grade 5 in Musical Performance, Clarinet, Merit | Trinity College London.